Milestone: 31 weeks!

I am officially now in my 8th month! I hit 31 weeks yesterday and had an appointment today and it is suddenly hitting me that I will have a baby very soon!

Dr. gave me my registration papers for the hospital and everything is all filled out and complete! Now I'm a big mix of emotions, anxious for baby and a little scared! lol. Being in the "30's" has now got me thinking about this entire pregnancy and how it's gone so far and I can't even begin to feel so appreciative of how great it's been for me. I haven't really had any morning sickness, no complications... just a pure sweet peaceful baby who has made my life complete! I've enjoyed every kick and turn that she does with every move she makes. I don't think I could have asked for a better pregnancy. I'm hoping it continues to be this way!

Week 31
Will it be baby blues or a brown-eye girl? Your baby's iris color begins to appear around the thirty-first week. Most babies are born with dark blueish-brown or bluish-gray eyes, but this shade almost always changes after birth. True eye color won't be apparent for six to nine months -- final formation of eye pigmentation happens in response to exposure to the strong light of the outside world.

In the meantime, the fetus's eyes are being readied for life after birth. Pupils begin to dilate in response to the soft, pinkish-red light that filters into the uterus. Eyes are usually open during alert times and closed during sleep.

No comments :

Post a Comment